Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP, Michael Jackson

When I first started receiving texts last night about Michael Jackson's death, I wrote them off as one of those internet rumors that spread like wildfire (i.e. Urkel died, Screech died, etc.), but then when I heard people on the radio confirming it during my drive home from work, I was simply stunned.

I never got to see him live, and now I never will, which I deeply regret. I just hope his children are placed in a home where they receive the love and support they need right now.

There's not much else to say. I was trying to think of my favorite Michael song, but there's just too many. This one seems appropriate, given the media insanity surrounding his family right now.







RIP MJ,
Lex

3 comments:

A.Jaye said...

One of the worst things about living in England is the cultural bile. The TV - BBc, Sky News and others - and print media are sneering at he man gleeful at his passing.

Unfortunately for them the music industry and ordainary folk don't play this hate game when they're being interviewed. It's quite a sight to seen on liscence fee TV.

So I watched a lot of CNN last night.

RIP Michael. You gave us the good. You gave us the Bad. You gave us the Thriller.

Forever.

Lex said...

He was supposed to do those 50 concerts in London starting next month. I still just can't believe it.

Junior said...

It's insane. I too was driving home from work, the radio on with my mother crying on the cell phone. It was too much. This is beyond tragic.