Monday, March 23, 2009

Pussy Galore & Her Abrocats

I just realized that I have not put into words my thoughts about Nadya Suleman, alias "Octomom." Of course, this happened quite a bit ago, so it's a little irrelevant, but it's my blog, so I can write about things on my time.

For those of you who don't know the story:
1. At one time, Nadya was a working individual. She was injured during a riot and received approximately $165,000 in Worker's Compensation.
2. Nadya then used approximately $100,000 of that money to go through the process of in vitro fertilization.
3. Nadya then had 6 children. They are all under the age of 8. The last two are a set of fraternal twins.
4. Apparently this wasn't enough for Nadya, and her doctor implanted 6 embryos (two of which twinned), resulting in octuplets.

The reason that Nadya had all six embryos implanted was because she didn't want the embryos to be destroyed. I am wondering if she did this for a religious reason or if she really, really, wanted to get what she paid for.
I don't understand religious people who think that it's perfectly acceptable to do whatever they can (even when it's unreasonable and dangerous) to get pregnant, but they can't destroy byproducts of this assisted fertilization or can't selectively reduce when they have a litter of human beings inside of them. To me, this is hypocrisy and faulty logic. People like Jon & Kate Gosselin say that when they found out they were having 7 (one peaced out) babies, they left it in god's hands. Well, maybe it would have been good to leave it ALL in god's hands. You can't get knocked up = too bad, so sad. Why is it that people leave things in god's hands only when it suits them? I feel like it's a cop out to say that god wants you to do the stuff you want to do and to not do the stuff you don't want to do. If Jon & Kate had let things happen naturally, they wouldn't have 8 children that they need to pimp out in order to live the lifestyle that they want.
But I digress. Nadya Suleman is not the Plus8 family. She is a single mom who thinks that it's okay and responsible to raise 14 children by herself. I'm all for reproductive freedom, but wow. Unless those grandparents step it up and basically act as co-parents (which is completely unfair to them), those kids are not going to have nearly enough love, affection, attention, etc. It's a completely sad situation all around.
I haven't been following the story much lately, but some of the babies are allowed to come home from the hospital and Nadya is complaining about how the media is invading her life. I think that's par for the course - if you want companies to donate things to you, they're going to want publicity. Get over yourself.
Deceiver also quotes Suleman as saying, "Had I not been offered a couple little opportunites to secure some resources for them, I would have been forced, probably, to get [government] assistance ’til I was completed with school. And then again I would be forced to work I don’t know how many hours a day to support them as a counselor."
Wow. I think her sense of entitlement weighs more than all 14 kids put together. This woman chose to do something extremely risky and irresponsible and she is complaining she might have been forced to EARN A LIVING like the rest of the people in this country who DON'T do dumbass things. I can't believe she doesn't understand why people might think she's a greedy whack job.
In closing of this bitch session, I hope this ho figures something out for her children's sake...but if it involves a t.v. show - that is one trainwreck I cannot, in good conscience, bring myself to watch.

xoxo,
Lauren

5 comments:

Junior said...

Lauren, I agree with you except for one thing. I think religion is less of the culprit here than just good plain 'ole crazy.

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

Yeah I hear you. I don't even know if Nadya Suleman is religious, that was just a guess as to why she didn't want to destroy the embryos.
I have just seen/read Jon & Kate Plus 8 use religion to their advantage way too many times and I think that taints my view of parent(s) of high order multiples.

Lex said...

I admittedly watch some straight trash (Springer, Maury, everything on Vh1), but I draw the line at the shows that glorify having 9 million children. John and Kate Plus 8, 12 Kids and Counting, etc., seriously makes me ill. Impressionable people (i.e. octomom) watch that trash and think "if they can do it, so can I!" and then they have children they can't support. Bottom line: people with an excessive amount of children are lame.

Baby Mama Brookie said...

As a fan of Jon & Kate plus 8 I think I need to stick up for them. As far as pimping out their kids, yeah its not what I would do but whatev. Anyways, they both held good jobs up until the sextuplets when kate had to quit her job as a nurse to stay at home. Also, they said doing the show has given their kids so many opportunities that they wouldn't have without it. As a new mom, I can understand how that could be incentive to do what they do. I just feel like Jon & Kate had a stable lifestyle & income that even without the show they could've raised the 8 kids in a good household. Oh well, to each their own.
I have to say though, the 17 kids and counting family seems a little bit like a cult to me and octomom is just plain crazy....she cant provide for the 6 kids she already had let alone another 8 more. Dumbass. Her home is disgusting, she has no job, she's a loser. Why would anyone in their right mind want to be a single parent of 14 children!!!!! Ahh, whackjob.

Well, that's my thoughts...hope nobody hates me for defending the jon and kate plus 8 show lol.

keep up the good work sooperserial!