Saturday, February 21, 2009

Red Envelope Day

So, I am 0% ashamed of my pro-choice beliefs. Duh.

I am, however, 100% in favor of people having their own opinions, even if they're different than mine. But sometimes, I get a rage black-out regarding these differing opinions. Which brings me to: Red Envelope Day.

The basic premise is that people are supposed to buy/make red envelopes, write on the back that the envelope represents one child that died from an abortion, then send it to Mr. Obama in the hopes that he will not give people more choices regarding abortion.

I have many problems with this. Many of the people that are participating in this have no problem with our the many soldiers (who typically come from a low socio-economic class) going to another country to do idk and die. I am not okay with this... why do people who use religion as a justification forget that, according to their own god, the worth of a baby's life should be equal to a soldier's life or a rapist's life, etc.? I seriously can't deal with the hypocrisy.

In my ideal world, birth control would be free and easily accessible. If that can't happen, then I would absolutely want people to be able to make their own choice as to whether they can handle the task of parenting a child. I think if people think they can't do it, then they probably can't. If a person doesn't want to bring a child into this world, no one should be making them.

And instead of focusing on children that aren't even born, why can't these people just focus all their misguided energy on helping children that are already born and suffering? I just don't get it.

Clearly, not everyone is meant to be a parent:



This is the only red envelope day that people should be concerned with, in my opinion:

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments: