Friday, December 5, 2008

This is Bowie to Bowie

"I hate listening to people's dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just... don't care." -Dennis Reynolds, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Last night was my first night off of cold medicine in a few nights. I had to wake up early for class today and didn't want to risk sleeping through my alarm, so I decided not to self-medicate. The medicine made me, like, go into a coma and I didn't have any dreams that I could remember. Well, maybe my brain was mad it didn't get to have it's personal picture show for a few days, so last night I had very vivid dreams. I know this is boring, but deal. I dreamed that I was a passenger in a car with three other people. The whole time I knew my seatbelt wasn't on, but I didn't want to put it on because I thought the driver would be mad that it wasn't on from the start. Eventually, I did put it on and the driver scolded me a bit. End scene.

Well today, I am driving along on my morning commute and what do I see ahead of me...a seatbelt checkpoint! I want to believe that I am a little psychic for this, but probs not. I am one of those bitches that ALWAYS wears her seatbelt and hardcore yells at my passengers if they don't. If I was relaxed about wearing it and then decided to wear it today only because of my dream, I would totally start working for the psychic hotline. But alas, I am just going to go ahead and take this as a coincidence.


In other news, I finally got my computer up and running again yesterday. My A/C adapter broke and I had to order a new one. An hour after I got it to work, our internet stopped working. There's really nothing we can do to fix it since we steal it haha. We pay for our own internet, but haven't set up a router, so we are going to have to do that ASAP. I need to read all the shit that's on the web or I can't function. I usually Wikipedia things I don't know about, like at least 5 times a day. I love having information right there available to me.
Anyway, that is basically what is going on with my life - I'm dreaming and stealing. Either Lex or I will be doing a Circus review soon. Maybe we can both do one since one of us (her) is a die-hard fan and one of us is a little more unbiased.
Enjoy your weekend, everyone!


xoxo,
Lauren

2 comments:

Junior said...

Lauren, I'm so glad to hear that you have "regular" dreams too! Other people have these crazy fantastical dreams (my mom dreamed Obama was Jesus) but my dreams are like "Couldn't find a parking space for an hour so I drove home".

And you're right, they usually end up happening!

Baby Mama Brookie said...

so excited for the "circus" review! personally, i love it and think it sounds a lot like pre-trainwreak brit. jill and i will be attending the concert in march so maybe i can guest blog then about it :)