Friday, October 3, 2008

Hodge Podge of Things


Well, first thing's first...changed the blog layout. Made it a little hotter, I don't know if my co-author approves, so Lex, whatcha think?

Secondly, my 3 day raw food hell is over and went pretty successfully. The first day was bad, bad, bad. My roomies wanted to go out to dinner and since I'm an apparent masochist I went with them. My iceburg lettuce with tomatoes was not looking too good next to the soup and french fries that they ordered. But I think I kicked my caffeine habit and hopefully some junk food addiction, too. So, all in all, I think it's a good detoxing method, it just kind of sucks when you are doing it.

Thirdly, my television is broken. Le sigh. I have been keeping up with my programs online for the most part, so I think I'm all caught up. Proj Run - OMG Kenley go back to your tug boat!!! Leave H. Klum and Tim alone! I am going to be the next Chris Crocker making a "Leave Tim Gunn Alone" video. Someone should do that, for sers. Not me, though. That could get viral.

Fourthly, I saw "Burn After Reading" tonight. It was pretty good. Much different than their last film...which was good for me. I liked "No Country for Old Men," but I didn't lurrrve it. This was much more quirky and light-hearted. A thing that sort of messes with me in Coen brother films is SPOILER ALERT how main characters die very suddenly. It's very disconcerting sometimes. Someone in this movie dies, but I won't be sooperspoiler and tell you who it is.
***4(a) Saw a bumper sticker in the movie theater parking lot - "It's a child, not a choice." Ummm, I'm sorry is that on opposite of Supreme Court following precedent day?

And lastly...I MISSED THE VP DEBATE!!! Apparently Palin didn't do as badly as people thought, and that would have been my only real reason for watching it anyway, so I'm not too sad. I really like how she says she thinks people like her because they want "Joe Six-Pack" represented in the presidency. This is not a goddamned reality show where Larry the Cable Guy gets to be VP. I want someone smarter than me to lead this country...unfortunately, I haven't experienced that in 8 years...but that doesn't mean I still don't want it.

On all of those scattered notes, have a great weekend everybody. Sooperserial is off to eat some spaghets with our sorority sisters tomorrow because we are sooper cool like that.

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments: