Sunday, September 21, 2008

Going Back to Philly


I love good television. I also love bad television, but I would say I love good television more. Good shows don't come around that often because the majority of American viewers like to feast their eyes on shit like "Two and a Half Men" and "King of Queens" and other garbage that's been done a billion times before. However, good programming is catching on, probably due to the success of The Office and those who fought before it (peace out Arrested Development). My newish absolute FAVORITE show is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It's described as "Seinfeld on crack" and I think that is a good, semi-rudimentary description. It's the same basic dynamic of 3 guys and one girl who hang out consistently - appearing to not be able to form friendships with other people. The difference is Always Sunny is much, much more offensive. If you thought Seinfeld was bad when people were making out during Schindler's List, you might be turned off by people pretending to be retarded crackheads to get some welfare. However, if you loved all the risque things that Seinfeld had to offer, you will probably want to bang Always Sunny. I don't know that the show has incredible ratings (it's on FX, so it's not going to compare to anything on NBC or CBS, etc. anyway), but FX has ordered a 4th season which premiered last Thursday.
It's an amazing show, and I suggest you all get caught up on it!

http://www.hulu.com/ = sign up and you can watch shows for free.

Here is a cool Season 4 promo. I was having trouble posting the video, so you're going to have to do some work and click the link.

xoxo,
Lauren

No comments: