Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Hills are Alive?


Hello to any readers that we may have left... which is probably none. My co-author doesn't even read this blog anymore. Sadness. Well, I am currently jobless, and in about a week if I don't have a job, I'm heading to McDonald's to take your order. In the meantime, I'm going to try to update Soop a lot so we can get our audience back.

Allow me to chat about The Hills. This show is addicting, yet so boring and lame at the same time. I watch the damn thing every week and I DON'T KNOW WHY. It's perplexing. Anyway, for those of you who have more brain cells than I do, here's a recap of the most major drama that happened over the past three and a half seasons: Lauren and Heidi moved to The Hills to go to school and start their careers. They dated guys, shared secrets, and had fun together. Pretty soon, Sir Douche-a-Lot (Spencer Pratt) sought out Heidi and began to date her so that he could be on the show. He began pitting Heidi against Lauren at every turn and Lauren was concerned that this crazy d-bag was messing with her friend. Heidi decided to move in with Douchey and around this time is when the trouble began. SOMEONE (i.e. at least Spencer, if not Spencer and Heidi) decided to spread a rumor that Lauren had a sex tape with Jason Wahler (also from Laguna Beach). Maybe she has said sex tape, maybe she doesn't, but telling everyone about it is not something that your friends should generally do. Heidi threw a housewarming party and invited Lauren, Lauren didn't show. Lauren later confronted Heidi at a nightclub and made it clear that she didn't want to be friends anymore.

I think I have gotten all of you non-Hills watching people up to speed.

Now, whatever whatever, it's reality television, and we obviously don't know exactly what happened, but lately I have been hearing that Lauren needs to just move on (apparently she didn't want Heidi and D'bag at the finale after party http://perezhilton.com/2008-05-13-she-did-it-again-4). Ryan Secrest called her "unprofessional" on his radio show (which I uhhh accidentally listened to online for 20 minutes). Maybe I'm just a stubborn ho, but if I were Lauren, I don't think I would be so quick to move on either. People are essentially suggesting that you should let someone close to you fuck with you and then if you remember it for too long, you're being unreasonable. I respectfully disagree - especially seeing as Heidi and D just went on Tyra within the past two weeks to rehash all their issues with Lauren.
So anyway, that's my piece on The Hills. If Lauren Conrad wants to hate on Speidi for the rest of her life - go for it. Forgiveness is overrated, and I'm sooper serial about that.
Okay, I love you guys for serious... uh for serial. Please start reading again, I promise we'll give you some quality updates in the near future... and leave comments!

xoxo,
Lauren

P.S. the picture is Heidi and Lauren in better, less plastic days.

No comments: