Thursday, December 6, 2007

Report Cards: I'm lovin' it.

Some bitches in Florida are getting all up-in-arms because there is an advertisement for McDonalds on their kids' report cards. All it says is "Reward yourself with a Happy Meal from McDonalds!," so, maybe I'm the naive one here, but I don't see what the big deal is. If I was a 2nd grader who had just received all E's (for "Excellent," obvi) on my report card, you'd better believe my mom would be driving my ass to the golden arches for some Chicken McNuggets and a Barbie toy. It's not like their children had never heard of McDonalds prior to this report card ad, so, honestly, take a chill pill, Sunshine State. MickeyDs picked up the cost of printing the report cards for all 27,000 students, to that's less tax money coming out of your pocket.

Trivia: Did you know that the Today Show's own Willard Scott was the first Ronald McDonald EVER? (Why do I know that?)

(Source: The Consumerist)

xoxo,
Lex

2 comments:

Davey Boy said...

mmm I wish mcdonalds would take this advertising a little further ...

"Hey what did you get in history"

"A double cheeseburger"

"O Man I got a mcfish, my parents are gonna kill me"

"Hey guys look: Straight Big Macs!"

Lex said...

HAHAHA! My ideal report card would be straight Shamrock Shakes, year-round! Mmmmmm.....