Sunday, December 9, 2007

I still want my hula-hoop.

I, much like Lauren, now probably know what Amy Winehouse feels like every day of her life. Thursday night I came down with the flu out of NOWHERE and have been out of commission for the past few days. It was bound to happen because two weeks ago at Costco when they were advertising $20 flu shots I said "I haven't had the flu since I was like, FIVE!" So that's karma for you.

Moving on to something much more important than my health or lack thereof: Alvin and the Chipmunks. These little fuzzy rodents have been a beloved staple in my life ever since I can remember. I have so many fond memories of them: the Saturday morning TV show, collecting the toys, going to see The Chipmunk Adventure, and so on. This Friday, they are about to be (presumably) desecrated by people eager to make a quick buck off their innocent charm with the new feature film, cleverly titled Alvin and the Chipmunks. Please view exhibit A below:
UGHHHH. One of the greatest things about the Chipmunks is that they are TIMELESS. THEY NEVER CHANGE. So, what in God's name are they trying to do with this new movie? Make them "thugs?" I mean, honestly, it's just embarrassing. The Chipmunks don't have to try so hard to be "cool" - they already are cool. Well, they were until now.

Their famous "Christmas Song" won THREE Grammy Awards. Let's see the new Thugmunks try to top that.




xoxo,
Lex

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I was just thinking about you when I saw some alvin and the chipmunks stuff a couple weeks ago. I still don't get why you love them, but I agree that the new movie is bad.

ps-i enjoy this blog. especially the sassy ref.